The Foraged Feast is a series of performative pop up meals. The meals aim to educate and inspire audience members through local edible flora. This year the Foraged Feast seeks three artists to collaborate in the creation of these events. Artists will be chosen for how their art practice may enhance or innovate the Foraged Feast.
Artists can expect the following:
- Free plant identification, wild foraging and processing workshops throughout multiple seasons.
- A wage for their time putting together the feasts
- A budget for materials
- The opportunity to collaborate with a small group of artists
- A platform to express their own ideas concerning local flora, food culture, gatherings, or any other concepts that are relevant to the Foraged Feast.
- The opportunity to offer an experience to the public for free, as well as the option to make works for sale during the events
For questions or to apply please send a letter of interest in the project and how your art practice may work within the Foraged Feast, five images of previous work, and any relevant links to email@example.com
Submissions are open until April 15 and artists will be chosen by a jury of professional artists.